Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Best Friends Forever

Guess where I'm going tomorrow????? I get to go to Virginia to visit my beautiful, best friend Hannah. I am SO excited!

Hannah has been my best friend for 15 years -- since kindergarten!! She's been with me through thick and thin....being friendly when I was shy when I was younger, putting up with the awkwardness and insecurities during junior high, learning how to have a long-distance friendship during college, and now helping me grieve my father's death.

Have I mentioned how wonderful Hannah is? She drove all the way from New York - a 4 hour drive - just to spend one night with me the first weekend my dad was in the hospital. And this was all during finals week. And then she and her family drove up from Virginia - a 6 hour drive - for my dad's funeral....to be with me and my family for 2 hours. Not just anyone does that. She is such a wonderful friend.

We are so similar and yet so different. Since her family moved last year, I've missed her alot - and this summer has been a bit lonely, not having a friend to go to Forbush's with to get ice cream or to just randomly hang out. But I know that this is God's plan for her family's life - and this distance has shown me just how much I treasure her friendship. I know that often when we were around each other all the time, I took our friendship for granted. I've been so blessed to have Hannah in my life.

I can't wait to see her tomorrow - to see her new house, to get away from everything here, and to just be together for the weekend. I'm sure there will be lots of giggles, lots of immature moments, and lots of craziness!!! I can't wait! :)

Who is someone God has blessed you with that you often take for granted?

No comments:

Post a Comment