Well...it's been quite a few weeks since I last wrote here, huh? I am finding that I am just constantly frustrated and upset and I figured that probably wouldn't be a very good time to write! Hence...there's been a lack of posts! But enough small talk...on to the real deal. :)
This past Friday, I was babysitting a family from church, Emily who is 5 years old and Joseph who is almost 2. Josepeh was taking a nap and Emily was doing a good job entertaining herself, so I decided to just sit back and listen to Emily play. You can learn so much about humans just by listening to a child. Anyways...so Emily was playing "house" with Barbie Doll things (not quite Barbie dolls....but little dolls like that). She had two dolls out...a "daughter" doll and a "Daddy" doll.
The daughter doll was in the toy house, while Emily had the father doll on the roof of the house. Kinda silly-and I wasn't really sure what exactly she was doing. But I listened closely to Emily making up the conversation between the father and the daughter doll (complete with the deep, manly voice for the dad and the fear in the daughter's voice). And it went like this...
Daddy doll - "Hold on, Sweetheart! I'm coming to get you!"
Daughter doll - "Daddy, be safe! Don't fall!"
Daddy doll - "It's ok, Baby Girl. I'm going to save my Baby Girl."
Daughter doll - "Daddy, I love you. Please don't get hurt."
Daddy doll - "Everything's going to be ok. Daddy won't let you get hurt. I'm coming to rescue you, my Baby Girl. "
Now as a daughter who just lost her daddy, hearing this conversation brought tears to my eyes. It reminded me that I don't have anyone on this earth who will call me his "Baby Girl". My daddy is gone from this earthly life....and hearing this converation just reminded me of the need for a father that all young girls have-the hole that is left in my heart. It's the way we were created...God placed a need in little girls to be loved and protected by their earthly father. And it's heartbreaking to see so many young girls who either don't have a dad or who are "emotionally" abandoned by their dads. I was blessed to have a great dad - no, he wasn't perfect. He was definitely all "man" in every sense of the word....didn't get real emotional or serious, no "I love you"'s or hugs....but he was always there for me the moment I needed him. His presence in my life was enough to know that I was loved by a father and would be protected as long as he was on this earth.
Secondly, after I got past the tears and sadness, this conversation that Emily made up reminded me that I do have someone who calls me "Baby Girl." I have my Abba - my Daddy - my Heavenly Father. He is looking down from heaven, seeing me in my pain and sorrow and hurt and is saying in his tender voice, "Everything's going to be ok. Daddy won't let you get hurt. I'm coming to rescue you, my Baby Girl."
And so...I'm going to believe that tender promise, hang on to my Rescuer, and trust my Abba to save me, not let me get hurt, and to restore my joy. It's going to be a lifelong adventure - but I think it's going to be one worth taking!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment