Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Joy of the Lord is my Strength!

I LOVE fall! It is my favorite season! Today I decided to take a walk with the most amazing Artist ever -- my Heavenly Father. I've included a few pictures from today to give you a glimpse of the picturesque views I saw today. :) I spent an hour outside, just walking around the neighborhood, admiring the beautiful creation and praying. It was so good to just be in His presence!

The past three weeks have been relatively good. I'm starting to feel a little bit back to normal now, school work sure is picking up and getting busy, and I'm starting to run around like a crazy woman again, running from school to work to tutoring to babysitting to church. Some things will never change... This past Wednesday, my dad would have turned 57. It was an interesting day to say the least...and I am just amazed how my emotions can change within mintues! But - my dad got to spend his birthday in the presence of His Maker -- and I'm sure none of his earthly birthday celebrations ever compared to that!


Have you ever been overcome with thankfulness? Moments where you can just feel God's presence and Your face is just radiant with His joy? I've had several of those moments lately. I went 3 months without really feeling God's presence - every once for in awhile for a few mintues I'd "feel" Him, but I still felt so far away from God.
But now...finally, after 3 months, I have felt His presence once again! I have experienced His joy and His peace, His strength and His love. He cares so much for me - and for you. I seriously have not been able to make it through this semester without His help. It is by His strength that I am getting through. I've experienced His peace - I'm not sure if I've ever had more on my plate before...piling school, work, church, babysitting, friends going through hard times, and a lack of sleep - all on top of my grieving; it sure has given me a lot to handle! But when I get worked up...He gives me His peace so I can be calm. I've seen His love - He has placed so many people into my life who are willing to help me, people to love me and point me towards Him. He has given me the courage to ask for help when I need it, even if I am feeling needy. And He's given me joy by reminding me that He's the reason for all of these amazing things- for getting through the semester, for healing my heart, for providing men in my life who can help provide a little of what Dad provided for me, giving me women who listen to me ramble, and so much more. The Lord is my strength; I am lost without Him. I am so weak without Him, but He gives me the strength to push through each day. And because of Him - I can face tomorrow. Can you?



Sometimes I think we're like this leaf -- so broken and dying...and yet there's beauty inside. So much pain and struggle in this world - so much to cause sorrow. But, if you keep Your eyes on your Maker, there's beauty just waiting to be appear. There's been beauty in the midst of my pain and brokeness. There's healing - all because of an amazing Savior. Can you look past your pain to see His hand?

Let me leave you with the song "What Faith Can Do" by Kutless. It is a reminder to me that sometimes you've gotta fall in order to learn how to walk....you have to face the clouds and rain in order to see the rainbow. Don't let your situations bring you down; be patient, the sun will soon be shining, for that's what faith can do.

~

Everybody falls sometimes

Gotta find the strength to rise

From the ashes and make a new beginning

Anyone can feel the ache

You think it’s more than you can take

But you are stronger, stronger than you know

Don’t you give up now

The sun will soon be shining

You gotta face the clouds

To find the silver lining



I’ve seen dreams that move the mountains

Hope that doesn’t ever end

Even when the sky is falling

And I’ve seen miracles just happen

Silent prayers get answered

Broken hearts become brand new

That’s what faith can do

Thank you, Lord, for Your hand of healing!

No comments:

Post a Comment