Sunday, September 27, 2009

Random Thoughts

I don't have anything real great to say today....just lots of little things that have been on my mind. So here they are...

  • Our God is an amazing God! Have you checked out the sunsets lately? They're beautiful!
  • I was reading the book of Esther in the Bible the other week. And one of the first verses that I came across was "Mordecai had a cousin named Hadassah, whom he had brought up because she had neither father nor mother. This girl, who was also known as Esther, was lovely in form and features, and Mordecai had taken her as his own daughter when her father and mother died." (Esther 2:7). It was just enlightening to read that Esther was an orphan, yet she let her cousin/uncle be a father figure in her life - and she also not only became Queen, but saved her people. What a testimony! I may not have lost both of my parents....but it reminded me that it's ok to let someone be a father figure to me....and also that the death of a parent at a young age does not have to suppress what you can do in life. I can still be successful and and happy - even if Dad's not on this Earth to see it.
  • I have been SO blessed! I have amazing adult friends, whether that's my bosses, professors, or family/church friends, who have helped me through so much; wonderful friends at Geneva who have been patient with me this first month of school; and overall..just a wonderful life. I have been spared from so much pain and heartache - and I know it's only because of God.
  • Frustration is still a pretty noticeable emotion in my life lately. I just seem to get frustrated with everything. I need prayers for this!
  • I have had 3 really good days lately. Just days where things feel a little normal now. I can feel God's presence again, I want to serve Him and grow in Him, and am motivated to keep drawing closer to my Lord.
  • I can feel the prayers of my growth group at New Life Baptist -- we are to pray for one thing for each member in our group for one month. My prayer request this week was to feel God's presence and experience His joy again. That was on Wednesday - Friday, Saturday, and today have been full of His joy! Praise the Lord!
  • I still have my moments and I still miss my dad. He played such a large role in my life. I am so thankful we had such a healthy relationship. I was so blessed.
  • Jeremy Camp, Natalie Grant, and Bebo Norman are here...in western PA, 5 miles from my house. I'm shocked! The concert tonight will bring some excitement into my life! :)
  • I have been so blessed to have several godly men in my life step up and be a father figure to me. Just their presence in my life helps ease a little bit of the pain. Likewise, I have so many wise women who have shared their advice and gave me their listening ear. I am thankful!
  • Did I mention we have a wonderful, indescrible God? He is so good to me - He's healing my broken heart - and He's my Father in heaven. What more do I need?

No comments:

Post a Comment